In Music Fundamentals group classes, you and your child will learn about musical concepts in an engaging and creative environment. We’ll cover all the basics, develop key understanding of different musical concepts, and provide your child with a great foundation for music lessons.
- Perfect introduction to music for five to eight year olds
- Practical way to support your child’s learning
- Chance to connect with other musical families
40 minute group class each week during the school term
$180 per term
What activities happen during the lessons?
Each weekly lesson follows a similar format:
- Introducing a musical concept
- Musical games and activities
- Working on an activity in partnership with your child
- Making music together as a group
- Time to ask questions, discuss activities, and share advice with other parents
How big are the classes?
The class size is capped at four families, so there will usually be between 6 and 10 people in each class.
Does a parent or caregiver need to attend each class?
Absolutely! Learning together with your child is the main focus of this class.
During each lesson you’ll:
- Receive an overview of the musical concept being covered that week
- Have the chance to discuss the material and home activities
- Help your child complete some of the activities during the class
- Share ideas, activities, and experiences with other parents and caregivers
How old should students be for this class?
The material and activities are best suited for five to eight year olds, but older or younger siblings are welcome to attend to!
I've never had a music lesson before! Is that going to be a problem?
Definitely not! We’ll be starting with the basics and no prior knowledge of music theory is required.
You’ll have the opportunity during lessons to ask questions, and also have access to further resources that expand on each topic.
I've had music lessons in the past, how will that fit in with the class?
Really well! Having prior experience with music lessons and/or being able to play an instrument will be a great fit for this class. Chords and sheet music is provided for the songs we’ll be working on in class, and you’re welcome to bring your instrument along to lessons.
The group will also benefit from your experience when it comes to sharing ideas and activities.
6 Strategies to Create a Daily Music Practice Habit
We all know that regular practice is the key to success, but managing to actually do it can be a…
Favourite Music Apps (Chosen by Students!)
Technology + music lessons = engaged students! I've mentioned before (once or twice) that using technology in music lessons has…
3 Simple Ways Parents Can Support Music Practice
Good news: even if you don't have a musical background you can still help your child with their practice time…